Frequently asked questions
1) What kind of SSD can be used in VX-2SSD? What is the maximum drive height allowed?
Standard 2.5” SATA SSD (Solid State Drive) can be used in VX-2SSD. The maximum SSD drive height allowed for using in VX-2SSD is 9mm.
2) What is the interface of VX-2SSD?
3) Can I use 2.5” HDD in VX-2SSD?
You may use 2.5” HDD (Hard Disk Drive) that has height less than or equal to 9mm.
4) Will VX-2SSD work with USB 3.0, or USB 2.0 host computer?
Blackjet VX-2SSD is backward compatible with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 interface. However, please be advised that the cable included is an USB C to C cable, which means your host computer needs to have an USB-C port (e.g. Apple 12" new MacBook); or you may consider to get a certified USB A to C cable (not included) if your system only has USB Type-A port.
5) Will VX-2SSD work with Thunderbolt™ 3 host?
6) Is there a fan in the unit?
No, there is no fan in VX-2SSD. The industrial metal chassis acts like a heat sink and rear vent holes helps with heat dissipation.
7) Does VX-2SSD support UASP for high-speed SSD access?
Yes, VX-2SSD supports UASP.
8) Does VX-2SSD offer TRIM support?
Yes, VX-2SSD supports TRIM. But please also make sure your operating system’s TRIM support is enabled.
If you need any further assistance or help please contact our support via email or telephone:
International please call